10th Planet is a no-gi jiu-jitsu system founded by Eddie Bravo. 10th Planet El Paso was founded in 2009, and has been run by 10th Planet Moon Head, Cristobal “El Mosquito” Chavez since 2012. Coach Cris has been a 10th Planet Black Belt since 2016.
Adults Jiu Jitsu
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a gentle art based on grappling. We offer fundamental, advanced, and all level classes for adults. The fundamentals class is a great option for anyone new or returning to jiu-jitsu that wants to focus on learning basic jiu jitsu techniques and making basic movements muscle memory. However, we do offer advanced classes for the experienced athletes that want to compete often and take their grappling or MMA career to the next level. There are also all level classes throughout the week for any level of experienced grapplers. You’ll find that jiu-jitsu will bring a completely new challenge to your life. It’s a challenging sport that will not only get you fit physically, but also mentally. Mental toughness, endurance to face challenges, rational decision making under high pressure situations, and self confidence are some of the many skills you’ll gain in the process of learning jiu jitsu.
- Kids Jiu Jitsu is a fun way for kids to explore self defense. They’ll learn life skills like decision making, gain self confidence, and learn self-defense in a safe controlled environment. The class has a minimum of 2 coaches to ensure that every child has a safe and productive practice. We accept students from 5 years and older to start!
Adults Muay Thai
- Muay Thai is a direct contact stand up MMA style that will definitely get you to sweat. It’s great for those wanting to round out their stand up game. Muay Thai is the art of 8 limbs, hands, elbows, knees and feet.
Adults Competition Class
- Designed to simulate live competition, this class focuses on specific strategies and tactics to win a match in a jiu jitsu tournament setting. You’ll learn how to win your next competition whether that be by submissions or points.
- For real world application, and in tournaments, you have to learn takedowns just to get to jiu-jitsu. We’ll go over both offensive and defensive wrestling to prepare you for anything.
- It’s no secret that yoga is a very therapeutic approach to fitness, but it has very real applications to jiu jitsu and muay thai. The flexibility you gain will truly transform your game, the connection between movement and breath, the focus on the moment, and it will also help prevent potential injuries.